Thursday 27 May 2010

Kittens and summer.

I finally think summer may just about, probably, be here. It's been terrible so far this year! So much rain, even friends who like the rain have been complaining! My two poor tomato plants are turning yellow with it all! Finally brightened up the end of last week, just in time for the bbq my friend Kim had arranged for a group she runs for English speaking mums. It was a gorgeous day and there was a great turn out! Unfortunately "cliquey-ness" was a bit of a blight, but once that group had moved on things seemed to take a turn for the better! The kids there had a great time, which was probably more important! So much good food too, luckily my lemon meringue held its own, which was a relief! Star for me were the chocolate cup cakes and the spinach and artichoke dip! I could've eaten the latter all to myself and wanted to with the cup cakes but they were so rich I was feeling pretty sick after two, but they were worth it!! :D We all bbq-d our own stuff, I'd taken kebabs but Antonia and I had pigged out so much on the table buffet we didn't eat much of them! I wasn't that bothered as they really weren't my best effort! She didn't like the meringue though, said it was too lemony!! Lol!

Because we stopped over at the house where the barbie was we also took along our new kittens! Kim is a big cat fan and it was her idea! They slept in the same bedroom as us, which was amusing if not restful. I woke up at one point to find them sucking Antonia's hair!! They also had a "garfield" habit of walking across my face with their claws to wake me up! Here, at home, they have the run now at night but I lock them out of the bedroom. It won't be long though before they work out how to get past the doors via the open stairs! We've had the kittens nearly two weeks now, they still don't have names, we are waiting for Alex to come home for a break this weekend to help out with that! One is a tom, he is absolutely stunning, a grey tabby, not something I've seen before. He has the cutest face and a mass of fluffy fur. I think he will be big, he has huge paws already at 6 weeks and reminds me of a little tiger cub! The other is a female, she is a strange mix of colours, two of her legs are perfect ginger tabby stripe, but the rest of her is a mix of grey, brown and ginger! She is tiny compared to the tom, really delicate like a flower! She's also the nosy one and I know will be in more trouble than him, either that or she will be egging him on from the side!! Lol!

We are all so happy to have the kittens, Antonia doesn't really remember having a cat in the UK and this is the first time in 4 years nearly, that we have had one. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. I post them rarely because it is such a pain to upload them for some reason, I don't know what it is, anyway, soon. Girly cat just tried to add her thoughts so I'll finish off now!!

No comments: