Tuesday 30 October 2007

Elizabeth - The Golden Age and Other Good Films

Last night me and Antonia went to see "Elizabeth - The Golden Age". It is a stunning film. If you have seen the original expect the same but with a lot more money being spent! Antonia loved the horses, dresses, princesses and Elizabeth dressed as a knight! I now have to dig my son's knight costume out of the charity bag for her! But if I could look as good as the image above I'd be wearing it too! ;)

Basically the season for watching movies has started again. There's something about going into a cinema at twilight and coming out to darkness that makes it a good thing to do. I don't know why! I love walking back in the dark, it feels like I've had a night out, even if it is still only 7.00 p.m.

Recently we have seen "3.10 to Yuma" - a great cowboy film, helped by the prescence of Christian Bates and Russell Crowe in the leading roles. One of my favourite films is "Once Upon A Time in the West" so I really enjoyed this one. It's a definite for the DVD collection.

"Stardust" based on Neil Gaiman's best selling fantasy novel was good and liked by both my kids. Robert de Niro as the cross-dressing pirate has to be seen! If you liked "The Princess Bride" you'll love this.

"Shrek 3" went down a storm with Antonia and no more needs to be said if you have already seen the previous 2!

Finally I went to see "Disturbia", the re-make of "Rear Window" as a teen horror movie. Better than expected and funny in the tradition set by the movie "Scream", another of my favourites!

3 comments:

erin said...

I want to see this movie too! I almost went to Odeon last night - maybe we would have run into each other.

I saw Stardust last week - a little crazy - but magical

Alyson said...

Hope you get to see it tonight! Well if you are ever there and you see a crazy woman with a blonde toddling you'll know it's me! Then you can either let on or run the other way ;))!

Roam2Rome said...

Loved the first film, too, and it's been a while so I didn't expect a sequel, but I'm glad. Hope I get to see Elizabeth -The Golden Age, soon :)