Monday 29 October 2007

Alice TV

This has to be one of the strangest things I have come across! I have a wi-fi box from Alice and at the time they were bundling it with their TV decoder for a few euro's a month. Somehow I ended up with these gadgets - I still haven't worked out how! But I wanted the wi-fi so the TV too was just a bonus.

Anyway it has taken me 3 months to finally connect the TV up to a tiny TV in my bedroom. Basically, you plug an ethernet cable into the back of the wi-fi box and the TV decoder, connect to your TV and you are away!

But, this is not tv as I know it. Everything is on archive from RAI and you scroll through until you find something you want to watch e.g. Friends, season 5 - pick any episode and watch! You can pause, rewind and fast forward. It's like watching a DVD. There don't appear to be any new shows on unless you subscribe to Sky, which I have on my main tv and don't need again! There is no language option, so everything is in Italian, unlike Sky where you can change the language.
The picture quality is amazing! If this were my only option for TV..... As an added extra it is amusing and will help with my Italian I am sure, but otherwise, it is just so weird!

No comments: