Tuesday 3 April 2007

Baked beans and Mayonnaise!

Wow! I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. But then we have been very busy here.

My niece finally arrived and brought with her the coldest weather in months! I think she has returned home believing she lives in the warmer country! It was lovely to see her. I don't know her as well as my other nieces and nephew as she is the youngest. In a way that helped as I didn't have to be her best friend, much more an auntie. She got on really well with my son and they spent a couple of days out on their own getting lost! Luckily Florence is small enough that you are never too far from where you want to be.

I asked her to bring a tin of baked beans, a jar of Hellman's mayo and some anti-erspirant.What I got was 9 tins of beans, 2 jars of mayo and 6 anti-perspirants! I was very happy with this stash!

My daughter turned 3 on the 29th March. She got the pinkest bike in the world courtesy of Winx - think fairy Brat dolls and you aren't far off! I will post a picture but as usual I am behind on downloading my photo's!

My husband took son and niece ski-ing to Abetone. They had the most snow in one day they have had all season. Visibility was atrocious and they ended up bum-boarding for the day - after they had snowchained the car and got back up to the village car park. It sounded like an adventure but one I am glad Antonia and I weren't involved in!

The weekend saw the weather improve and on the Saturday we held an Egg Hunt for the Toddler Group we go to in our garden. I provided the garden, the group provided the eggs! We also doubled it as Antonia's birthday party. She picked the world's biggest jam tart as her cake! Not surprisingly all the kids loved it and there was very little left. The turn out was really good and it was great to meet new people. Everyone brought a dish. Hoping I wouldn't have to make any tea was shortlived as all the food was great and vanished really quickly. We had some great chocolate chip cookies and little savoury tarts filled with tuna and black olive, pizza, quiche, biscuits, everything you can think of. I like the way you can buy from the bakeries here and know you are getting quality, edible food.

I'm hoping that this time the good weather is going to stay. Anyway, off to catch some rays just in case!

2 comments:

erin said...

haha! when I read your title, all I could think was "please, oh please, don't let her be talking about these 2 ingredients TOGETHER!"

...good thing :) I may have had to grab a paper bag :)

Alyson said...

We do peanut butter and baked beans on toast together, I think the mayo would be overkill in many ways :), but then again...