Wednesday 12 December 2007

All Things Wintery!

Winter is definitely here! I know because not only am I lighting the fire on a regular basis and already had two log deliveries, we have all had coughs, colds, infections and god knows what!

I have never been this sick for as long as I can remember. It all started back in October and just seems to go on and on! It's the main reason I haven't been blogging. The latest installment was an ear infection - something I haven't had since I was a child. The pain is excruciating! I would have cheerfully stuck a knife in my head if someone had promised the pain would go! Instead, because I had thought it was related to a muscle strain in my neck, it took me ten days to realise what was going on, by which time even I knew it was pointless seeing a doctor. So I tried an old remedy of my mother's. I poured a couple of teaspoons of warm olive oil in my ear!! The result was amazing - the pain went almost immediately! Aside from a little intermittent ache it has finally gone! I never want to go through that again. It will also make me take any child complaining of it a lot more seriously! It was close to being worse than child birth - honestly!! But then most people have sorted it out before it gets that bad anyway, haven't they?

Antonia has also had a stomache bug, but luckily very mild and it seems to have cleared up.

I have put the tree up and when it is finished I shall post a photo - at the moment I am trying to find enough lights to put on a 10 foot tree - I like them big! The twenty I have put on so far look really lost, not surprisingly! I like buying decorations though, so it's a good excuse isn't it?

Alexander finally comes home from school at the weekend, just in time to see his sister be an Angel in her Christmas nativity. More about that on her blog.

No comments: